An exciting position has become available for an Architectural Assistant/Technician based in Birmingham.
The successful candidate will earn £25,000 - £30,000 which will be negotiable depending on experience. The employer will be flexible with work hours although some overlap with standard office hours would be required and you will be expected to work from home.
Part time hours will be considered and CPD will be supported.
The majority of work is the remodelling and extending of existing homes with some barn conversions and the occasional new dwelling. The company is South Birmingham based and tend to work within this area and North Worcestershire.
Please note- you must be able to provide two references and some PDF examples of drawn work as part of your application.
- Experience working on domestic projects and a good understanding of the Domestic Building Regulations.
- Own transport (mileage will be paid).
- Enthusiastic attitude to problem solving as every single project is different.
- An ability to work on many projects simultaneously and manage your own workload to meet the deadlines for each one, being organised and self-motivated.
- A professional, patient and accommodating attitude so you can be flexible to meet the differing needs of the clients, consultants, contractors and colleagues.
- A full knowledge of AutoCAD LT is required, BIM is not necessary.
- You would be an integral member of an evolving team, assisting the architects by providing technical design/detailing and the production of drawings from measured surveys.
- You would be expected to produce detailed technical drawings and existing survey drawings in the house style.
- You would work with external consultants, liaising with them and co-ordinating their information with our own.
- Some on site surveying with one of the architects may be required from time to time.
- You would be required to work from home with a computer and appropriate software to be supplied.
Our client is a young, hardworking company who are ambitious and passionate about architecture, the places where we live, and the spaces in which we work.
The company believe that great, sensitive and thoughtful architecture can have a positive impact on the way we live our lives.
With over 200 projects in their portfolio, the team have a wealth of experience to draw on to turn customers initial thoughts and ideas in to an exciting and achievable project.
Why should you apply?
- The chance to join a fantastic company.
- To become part of a hardworking, dedicated team.
- To showcase your current knowledge and skill set in the field.
- To be a proactive member of the company.
Initially the employer ask that you send your CV. If the employer like your CV, you will be asked to provide an example of your work as a DWG file to get a sense of your CAD husbandry. If this looks acceptable you would then be invited to a Zoom interview.
Freelance /contracted personnel would also be considered for the role.
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button