An opportunity has arisen for a hands-on site chemist to join one of the UKs leading waste management companies at the site in Oxfordshire. As a site chemist your role will consist of assisting with the overall operation of the technical transfer station, ensuring sample documentation is correct, preparation of loads for dispatch and segregation of incoming samples.
To be successful as a site chemist you should have a hands on approach to your work and hold a relevant degree ideally within chemistry or environmental discipline.
Graduate Site Chemist Responsibilities:
- Check waste delivery documentation is completed correctly in line with current legislation.
- Accept incoming loads and completing documentation in accordance with the site permit.
- Inspect, classify and segregate waste.
- Ensure loads are labelled and described in accordance with ADR.
- Ensure Non Conformance reports are raised in line with procedures, issues identified, corrective action taken and communicated to all relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain the accurate and timely completion of all relevant documentation of traceable records in line with Quality Management Systems of all waste received, stored and transferred.
- Operate forklift trucks competently and safely. (Training will be provided)
- Assist with preparing loads for dispatch by flatbed vehicles and vacuum tankers.
- Assist with ensuring outgoing loads to third-party disposal sites are labelled and listed correctly.
- Assist with operating machinery and plant safely.
- Be aware of personal responsibilities towards health and safety, quality and the environment.
- Promote high standards of safety.
- Ensure full compliance with all Company policies and procedures, including health and safety and employment.
Graduate Site Chemist Requirements:
- Degree in Chemistry (or Chemistry/Environmental related discipline) would be preferred.
- GCSE or equivalent in Mathematics and English Language.
- Basic understanding of chemicals and their hazards.
- Capable of working outside.
- Able to work within potentially difficult environments i.e. wearing protective suits and respirators.
- Ability to work in busy environments.
- Work within precise and stringent deadlines.
- Flexible towards working hours to ensure the smooth operation of the Transfer Station.
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 + Benefits: Company performance bonus - Pension contribution - Healthcare - Discounted gym membership
Working Hours: 40 per week - Rotating - 07:00 - 16:00 / 09:00 - 18:00 (1 hour lunch)