At Getir, we’re humbled to be revolutionizing how people shop for groceries around the world. What started off as a small startup with an ordinarily-sized team trying to do extraordinary things is now a rather larger organization that is still scratching the surface on how large and significant it can be. We are now live in a total of 9 countries across Europe and the United States. With multiple markets in each country and millions of users, we’re in an incredible position to create excellent experiences for our customers, partners, and all stakeholders. We’re already quite good at a lot of things, but we enjoy the hustle of trying to reach our best. That’s why we are always looking to bring in awesome people with extraordinary ambitions.
For us, it’s important to not just be large and successful, but to do that in a way that is visually pleasing, and that’s where Getir is lucky to intersect with the world of design. With an app used by millions, marketing content viewed around the world, supportive software used internally and by partners, and beautiful eco-friendly bags that our customers often carry, our brand and our messages are quite visible. The unique purple and yellow color does grab attention, but we seek to be a brand that has beautiful design integrated into all of its visible areas. Not for only customer acquisition and retention, but because great design can make life more pleasing.
That’s why we’re looking for a leader that executes, has an eye for visual beauty in many shapes and forms, and who will help further develop its approach and execution of design. You’ll work with an awesome existing team, but will also further build a team to answer our increasing global demand for impeccable and different elements of design.
What You’ll Do
- Bring that next-level design strategy, philosophy, and execution to Getir. As mentioned, we like where we are, but we’d like to go further.
- Recruit, mentor, and manage a rather kick-ass team of designers across the many areas of design. You don’t have to be great at all of them, but you do need to have a great eye for design and making it suit consumer and business needs.
- Lead teams that oversee an array of areas of design, such as but not limited to: consumer-facing product, marketing content, internal technologies, real-life material such as cyclist helmets and shopping bags, and everything that is due to enter the Getir world in due time.
- Work closely with the founders and leaders in the company to develop a design strategy that contains both non-negotiables, areas of flexibility, and complete revamps of what has been done so far. Obviously you’ll do this with a consumer-first mentality.
- Work together with awesome people across the global company. This is quite fun.
- Have fun while taking over the huge responsibility of taking design to the next level.
- Master of your expertise in the world of design. You don’t need to do it all, but you should be the master of an area in design that you experienced throughout your career. All leaders at Getir are also great at execution when needed.
- 10+ years of experience in design, either on brand or agency sides.
- Significant experience managing design teams that cover a wide range, from digital to print, marketing to manufactured goods
- Prior experience in developing brand guidelines from near-scratch in a way in which the guidelines make life easier for everyone while also providing flexibility so that different verticals and countries in the business can move fast without being tied down by said guidelines.
- Great recruitment skills and the ability to unique and talented designers.
Due to the nature of this role, our process will benefit from going beyond just interviews and will include an assessment of a portfolio that you are able to provide.Benefits
- A competitive salary
- A once in a career opportunity to work with one of the fastest-growing mobile-commerce businesses in the world on our startup journey in the USA
- Staff discount, 401K, medical, dental and vision
- The opportunity to have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- An awesome team! Work with people who love what they do every day