At Kedleston Group, our vision is simple, every provision we operate will be recognised as ‘outstanding’ in every way. We will never be the biggest, but we will lead, and others will follow.
About the role:
As Head of Education at Wings Notts School, you will be an integral part of our team who put the children and young people at the heart of everything we do. The core purpose of the Head of Education is to provide highly effective and professional leadership and management of the school. The Head is the leading professional in the school and accepts overall responsibility for all aspects of education. Accountable to the Principal and a board of directors, the Head provides vision, leadership and direction for the school and ensures that it is managed and organised to meet its aims and targets.
The Head, working with others, is responsible for evaluating the school’s performance to identify the priorities for continuous improvement and raising standards, including:
* ensuring that all pupils have access to a broad and balanced, high quality curriculum; ensuring equality of opportunity for all;
* developing policies and practices;
* ensuring that resources are efficiently and effectively used to achieve the school’s aims and objectives and for the day-to-day management, organisation and administration of the school.
For this role, we are looking for someone who holds QTS and NPQH (or enrolled on NPQH course) and has considerable experience in the leadership and management of the curriculum and teaching with regard to special educational needs. You will be a successful leader of whole school change management, have a good understanding of School Development Planning and implementation, experience of partnership working with parents, governors/external school improvement partners and the wider community including external agencies and be successful and varied teaching experience in appropriate phase(s), including working with children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. We would love to hear from you if you share our passion and commitment to developing confident and capable young people by meeting their educational, health and social care needs in structured, nurturing school and home provisions
Why work for us?
* a competitive salary and generous annual leave entitlement
* a comprehensive induction programme so you can hit the ground running
* continued professional development and training
* contributions to your pension
* a friendly, passionate team committed to getting the best outcomes for our young people
* £500 refer-a-friend bonus
* OFSTED bonuses
* life insurance
* cycle to work scheme and laptop loans
* discounts on cinema trips, electronics, fashion, home and garden, travel, groceries, gifts, utilities, health and fitness
* birthday treats
* long service and employee of the month awards
* employee assistance and counselling service, wellbeing support and advice
* optional flu jab
Wings School Notts, part of Kedleston Group Limited, is an independent specialist day school and children’s home in Newark for children and young people aged between the ages of 9 and 17. Children who have social and emotional needs (SEMH), autism (ASC), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), attachment needs, childhood trauma or other specific learning difficulties thrive at Wings School Notts and we have received four Outstanding Ofsted Social Care gradings in a row, with Ofsted saying "The children’s home provides highly effective services that consistently exceed the standards of good."
We look for people to join our staff team who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people.
Kedleston Group Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. You will be expected to engage in annual safeguarding training, be familiar with key policies and ensure you know the steps to take should be made aware of a safeguarding or child protection concern. You will remain vigilant and act swiftly if you have concerns about a child and be an appropriate role model for both children and colleagues at all times.
The successful candidate is required to provide references and will be expected to undertake an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020