Expleo is a trusted partner for end-to-end, integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation. We help businesses harness unrelenting technological change to successfully deliver innovations that will help them gain a competitive advantage and improve the everyday lives of people around the globe.
Expleo are recruiting for an experienced Engine Assembly Manufacturing Engineer, to join our project team on a contract basis, who are currently working on site with a global automotive manufacturer, based in the North East of the UK.
Responsibilities within the role of Manufacturing Engineer include:
* New Product/model Introduction from trials to full production, including checking and approving new drawings
* PPAP / PFMEA
* Capacity planning
* Redesign of shop floor layouts and workstation layouts
* Process improvements and lean manufacturing reviews
* Lead cycle time reduction
* Organise trials for new model, liaising with Production / Design teams to fix any issues found during trials
* Liaise with contractors for new machinery installs
* Technical specifications and leading the installation of new automated equipment
* Support with installation and buy-off of new equipment
* Investigating and understanding new technologies with a view to introducing new manufacturing methods
To be considered for the Manufacturing Engineer role, you will ideally be degree qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline, although demonstrable experience will be considered. We are looking for candidates with Manufacturing Process experience gained within Engine Assembly, experience of process improvement, NPI - New Product Introduction, creating technical specifications, making changes to assembly processes and a background in installing new automated equipment.
To meet with current legislation, right to work checks will be carried out to ensure candidates are able to work within the UK.
If you are interested in applying for the role of Manufacturing Engineer within Engine Assembly or require further information, please contact:
(phone number removed)