About the Team
Future plc is one of the world’s leading modern media companies. We’re 2,300 colleagues over 200 brands speaking to more than 390 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We’re the name behind content that connects people to their passions in technology, gaming & entertainment, home interest, women’s lifestyle, music, creative & photography, hobbies and knowledge, all supported by our innovative tech stack.Job Purpose
In a sentence:
You will write outstanding content on personal and household finance issues for our websites.
The role holder will be tasked with creating content within our new personal and household finance portfolio. This content will include a mix of evergreen and short-order guides, analysis, news and insight that helps our audience make intelligent decisions about saving, investing and spending their money. These content areas include insurance, mortgages and household bills.Key Responsibilities
- Work with the Editor-in-Chief to create a content plan in line with the business strategy
- Write content for our sites as required by the Editor-in-Chief in line with SEO best practices
- Update homepage and deputise for day-to-day editing duties as required
- Monitor rankings performance as required and audit existing content for compliance with best practice
- Monitor performance of relevant content and report to key stakeholders
- Amend and edit content to continually improve position and performance in line with SEO best practices
- Keep up-to-date with new products and trends in personal and household finance sector and use them to influence content creation
- Work closely with commercial stakeholders to maximise revenue possibilities of pages
- Create branded newsletters, video and social media content as required
What do I need to succeed?
- A strong interest in and understanding of the personal and household finance sector
- First-rate SEO expertise and be able to evidence growth produced from previous employment
- An excellent digital content creator
- Relentless approach to delivery. You’ll be totally on top of the numbers and see the early trends before anyone else.
- Exceptional editing skills which come from a clear understanding of the audience
- You’ll have a passion for the data side of web editing and closely monitor and interpret performance and trends
- A ruthless approach to success - you’ll be able to combine coming up with transformative ideas with a determined approach to ensure they are delivered
- A great communicator – both with the industry and the wider Future team
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
We are Future
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees (when we get back to the office)
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
Future is a global multi-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diversified revenue streams. We are dedicated to connecting over 300 million people worldwide with their passions, through expert content, world-class events and cutting-edge proprietary technology. We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives.
We have a market-leading portfolio of over 220 brands spanning across technology, gaming, TV & entertainment, women’s lifestyle, music, sport, creative and photography, home interest and B2B. You may have heard of us…
But a stellar heritage isn’t enough. We continue to grow our portfolio and launch new brands, restlessly looking to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We develop leading-edge technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, Europe and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.