Why join us?
Swoon was founded in 2012 with a mission to create distinctive designs that owners will want to keep forever, and a lofty goal to spark home obsession everywhere.
We’re an online-only furniture brand that’s making a digital experience better than a store. We design original pieces in-house and our innovative NPD process discovers the next trend, fast. Our testing platform ensures designs sell online at their intended price, and our data-led approach grows sales within families exponentially, quickly. Our business model cuts out expensive overheads like shops and overstocked warehouses, which means our prices are affordable too.
Our distinctive look unlocks collaborations with leading retailers like John Lewis and many more. This diversified growth strategy is powering our brand to a significant market share. And we’re just getting started...
What we’re looking for
We design and make things all over the world and must get them to customers in perfect condition and on time. Every time. We are constantly looking to improve the experience for our customers and that involves making sure we have the correct range, enough stock to sell and on the shortest possible lead time.
Reporting into the Head of Commercial, you will join as a Retail Analyst, working cross functionally with all areas of the business, with a focus on ordering & range analytics. You’ll be responsible for forecasting range performance, ordering stock and executing the strategy for exiting overstocked SKUS.
You’ll see things that need addressing and fight hard to get things changed for the better whilst never losing your smile! Working with a lean but capable team youll need to pack a big punch; demands will be super stretching, the pace will be fast and delivery will be critical.Responsibilities:
The things you’ll be on the hook for:
- Product level performance & insights reporting across full range including presentation to the wider business.
- Deep dive analysis into product performance across promotions, lead time & seasonality
- Regular stock ordering to ensure there is sufficient availability on site to meet revenue targets
- Execute the ordering strategy in conjunction with commercial & manufacturing leads
- Work with the manufacturing team to balance business requirements with manufacturer capacity
- Maintain full visibility of stock cover at all times, ensuring overstocked skus are exited at the best possible margin
- Identify and partner with functional leads to implement improvements in existing processes
- Influence and execute our future analytics roadmap using cloud based analysis and visualisation tools centered around accessibility, accuracy and standardisation
- Provide analytical insight and deep dive analysis for internal stakeholders to both inform and support operational and strategic decision making
- Experience in an analytical role across supply chain/range/ buying
- Strong willingness to challenge existing methodologies & processes
- Intermediate spreadsheet skills (Index match, pivot table)
- Able to handle cleaning and reconciling large amounts of data from various sources, whilst still being a champion for data integrity and continuous improvement
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- A passion for data and ability to draw insights and trends out of the data to drive business value
- Ability to step between detail and the big picture
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and organisational skills to juggle projects
- Team player good at collaborating and engaging with people
- A logical mindset
- You have experience in using SQL (desirable, but not required)
- You have some experience or knowledge in using ETL tools (desirable, but not required)
Life at Swoon
Upbeat, ambitious and collaborative – that’s us. We’re a lean team of 25, so if you relish responsibility and like to impact an outcome, we’re the place for you. We’ve made flexible working a permanent thing. Right now, the team works from home but we’re open to what people might need in the future. We hold weekly day workshops in London and if the team wants to get together in a co-working space, that’s fine too.
We have a wide range of perks and benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Share options programme
- Bonus scheme
- Wellbeing allowance
- Pension scheme
- Private medical cover
- Your birthday as an additional day off
- A day off for volunteer/community work
- Free furniture on each anniversary of employment
- Increasing holiday allowance with tenure
- Friends & family discount
Liked what you read and keen to join us? Send us your application and we will get in touch very soon!