Remote (UK Based) working opportunity
The Exciting Opportunity:
If you are an experienced Project Manager within the Rail industry and ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on.
Join our Rail Team as a Project Manager and we will make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
Arcadis have an enviable reputation in the delivery of such schemes and are working closely with our blue-chip clients in this sector delivering their most important projects throughout the UK.
· Programme and Project Management.
· Communicates Effectively.
· Focuses on Efficiency, Innovation & Quality
What You have to Offer:
· Previous Rail project delivery experience.
· Design Management experience.
· Experience of managing designs at feasibility stage.
· Be familiar with NR GRIP processes.
· Experience of working on projects ranging in value from £1 million-£50+ million.
· Proven track record in leading project management teams within the Rail sector.
· Prior Consultancy / Client-side background.
· Provide high level advice and support to resolve local issues and incidents, ensuring that decisions are made on sound technical grounds in line with best practice and required standards & timeframes.
· Oversea and mentor the Assistant members of the team as required.
· Work closely with the senior leadership of your team ensuring that they are given your full support on all project related matters.
· Monitor progress of work, identify risks in the delivery of priorities and implement timely resolution of issues, to ensure appropriate reallocation of time, finance and effort and enhancement of the service.
· Provide good quality management reporting on service delivery, to support the planning of operational work, inform business decisions and provide a sound basis from which to communication with and influence internal / external partners.
· Support project team to achieve well planned and managed integrated solutions that progress effective change and improvement in the organisation and support the best environmental outcomes.
At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions.
Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
About The Team:
Our UK Rail Team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK’s most high profile, complex and stimulating projects to complement their existing portfolio of works including Network Rail Civils and Multi-Discipline Programmes across all Network Rail Regions working directly for Network Rail, the Rail contracting community, the Rail System Alliance North, HS2 Main Works Civils Design and Checking activities & other major programmes.
Representing approximately 16% of our global business, the railway sector is one of Arcadis core markets, a position it has held throughout our 150-year history. We have an enviable reputation for delivery of some of the UK’s, and the World’s, most prestigious and challenging schemes. We have been involved in all major rail programmes since the 1980s including the Jubilee Line Extension, West Coast Main Line, Thameslink, Crossrail, IEP, HS1, Northern Hub, HS2, and Euston Re-development.
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what’s most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you’ll see it’s about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we’re focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
It’s a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world – and the world around them.
It’s a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It’s how we’ll find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. And how we’ll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
· APM or equivalent
· PRINCE2 (Practitioner status or equivalent desirable)
· RICS / CIOB (Desirable but not 100% necessary)