Who we are looking for
A technically minded Software Developer to work on our trading applications combining a love of sport and software development.
Within the Sports Back Office team you will be developing, maintaining and evolving our trading applications. These tools are used by our traders to create and configure fixtures and markets allowing customers to place bets prior to and during games.
The technology stack is predominantly Microsoft focused, specifically the .NET framework (primarily WinForms and WPF) and SQL Server.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced amidst a hardworking and delivery focused company ethos. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges.
Preferred skills and experience
- Commercial C# VB.NET experience.
- Commercial MS SQL Server experience (2008 or later).
- Self motivated and delivery orientated in a fast paced environment.
- Good communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Strong team player.
- Solid understanding of Windows and Office applications.
- Degree qualified in Computer Science or relevant discipline.
- Microsoft certified.
- WPF experience, Jira issue management, Git, AccuRev version control.
- Keen interest in sport.
- Developing highly efficient, robust, quality code for applications and services.
- Maintaining clean coding practices.
- Enhancing and supporting existing trading functions, some of which are used 24/7.
- Supporting product owners as required.
- Providing support to the testing team during testing phases of projects.
- Contributing to solution proposals as required.
- Creating work effort estimates as required.
- This role is eligible for inclusion in the Company’s hybrid working from home policy