Job Summary & Purpose
T3’s Tech Channel Editor needs to be someone who can write and commission helpful content that precisely matches a reader’s needs. That means you’ll be able to identify, through industry knowledge and use of data, the consumer technology products and subjects that improve our readers’ lives, and then produce engaging, authoritative content on those topics. You’ll be able to provide the right amount of knowledge without getting caught in pointless details, and you’ll provide it in a clear, entertaining way. We’re looking for someone with passion and expertise in consumer technology who knows what to recommend and when – tailoring advice depending on the time of year and what people will be looking for.Key Role Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will be tasked with growing the consumer technology coverage on T3, creating best-in-class buying guides and reviews, and writing news and features that help people decide which products they should buy, as well as maintaining the vast current suite of content we house, to ensure they are both relevant to the reader and easily found through social, SEO or direct traffic means.Requirements
- An in-depth knowledge of the consumer technology market
- Experience developing a channel on a large-scale website
- An inquisitive mind, looking to enhance and develop buying guides and reviews to be the best on the web
- A keen eye on how to balance an article – delivering authority alongside brevity to entertain the reader while delivering concise info
- Experience managing freelancers and monthly budget management
- Ability to review succinctly and develop a system to help users know which model to buy through strong recommendations
- A desire to develop and grow the Tech channel using innovative ideas and keeping abreast of industry developments and trends
- Experience Google Analytics and keyword research – and a willingness to use data to shape your workflow
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
We are Future
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees (when we get back to the office)
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
Future is a global multi-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diversified revenue streams. We are dedicated to connecting over 300 million people worldwide with their passions, through expert content, world-class events and cutting-edge proprietary technology. We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives.
We have a market-leading portfolio of over 220 brands spanning across technology, gaming, TV & entertainment, women’s lifestyle, music, sport, creative and photography, home interest and B2B. You may have heard of us…
But a stellar heritage isn’t enough. We continue to grow our portfolio and launch new brands, restlessly looking to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We develop leading-edge technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, Europe and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.