Gorillas is shaping the future of on-demand retail from the ground up. In less than one year we have evolved from a single warehouse in Berlin to a growing global crew operating our hyperlocal model in 9 countries (with more on the way). Our rider crew makes magic happen on the daily, delivering groceries to your door in just 10 minutes.
Our DNA is rooted in a love for cycling and a desire to create change, and we’re proud to foster an environment where authenticity is celebrated and boldness is encouraged. True to our need for speed, in March 2021 we became Germany’s fastest-ever unicorn company with a $1bn valuation and €305m total funding raised. As one of Europe’s most talked about startups, we are bringing true digital disruption to the supermarket space and seeking talented individuals to join us in building something extraordinary.Overview
You will run your own Warehouse (Dark Store) and be responsible for everything that happens in it. You will have significant autonomy in shaping the operational direction and culture of our UK business.Your Responsibilities Will Include
- You will lead & develop a team within your warehouse and be responsible for providing them a healthy and happy work environment. You need to ensure that the Gorillas spirit is always up and on fire!
- You will be the first person of contact for any performance or operational questions of your warehouse
- You will manage your own warehouse team consisting of supervisors, operations associates and the bike crew
- You will communicate with many different stakeholders, e.g. suppliers, shift leads, bike crew, landlords, customers, neighbours
- You know your warehouse like the back of your hand and you can answer any question with regards to the warehouse and its processes
- You will be accountable for the warehouse performance and the achievement of warehouse KPIs
- You will analyse data around sales, customers, and delivery to make informed decisions on how to drive sales while ensuring customer satisfaction
- You have gained 2-3 years management experience in a fast-paced environment
- You see yourself as an entrepreneur and you are eager to take the next steps. Managing one warehouse, managing a whole district, leading entire city operations and steering further expansion
- You are willing to make Gorillas your mission and are ready to work hard to make this business a success
- You have a hands-on mentality and are willing to get your hands dirty
- You have very good communication skills and are proficient in both written and spoken English
What we offer:
- Steep learning curve from day one
- Great opportunity to build something you are proud of: we are growing fast, which means that the opportunities at Gorillas are virtually limitless.
- An awesome team spirit and an exciting workplace with a dynamic and international environment.
- Transparent company culture with flat hierarchies & a potential long-term engagement.
Gorillas is an equal opportunity employer, which means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.