Salary: Up to £60k dependent on experience
Location: Stoke Lacy - Herefordshire
Staff bonus scheme, staff discounts on products, gym membership, company sick pay and Company pension.
About Wye Valley Brewery
Wye Valley Brewery is an award-winning company that was formed in 1985, producing the very best cask, keg and bottled beers, using the finest ingredients. The team at Wye Valley are dedicated to providing exceptional service to the brewing industry and our aim for consistent excellence is the reason why Wye Valley beers are served in 1200 establishments across the West Midlands and Wales.
About the Role
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our friendly team based at our Brewery in Stoke Lacey. Offering a competitive salary, this is a unique opportunity for someone to have a rewarding role within a highly regarded team at the Brewery and to manage the Company Finances and advise Company Directors on the financial stability of the Company.
- To prepare and monitor budget figures in consultation with other Department Managers and regularly meet with Management Team
- To supervise and ensure the completion of the day-to-day tasks of the company ledgers and payroll, in order to prepare management accounts that show a true and fair view of the state of the Company’s affairs.
- To negotiate and arrange the necessary financial commitments to ensure adequate cash flow throughout the Company’s trading periods.
- To keep up to date with current legislation and implement changes when needed.
- Responsible for end-to-end financial function of the Company.
- To report to the Operations Manager and Managing Director, monthly or sooner if required regarding financial and budgetary matters.
- Interaction with relevant departments to resolve queries.
- Ensure VAT regulations are adhered to and the necessary deadlines are met.
- Ensure accuracy and self-checking of work.
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details.
- Reconciliation of supplier balances and payment authorisation
- To work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail under pressure.
- Accounting and financial management experience minimum of 3 years’ experience working at a senior level
- Excellent proven experience of effectively managing a team.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of compliance and Company tax regulation
- Accounting qualification desirable not essential