Are you passionate about quality and testing software with an Agile mindset? Do you care about ‘building the right thing’ and ‘building the thing right’? Does building an innovative culture inspire you? Then we want you!
We’re looking for a Principal Agile QA
to join our ranks. A pivotal role with a strong collaborative focus and a drive for continuous improvement, you’ll play a key part in delivering the QA Vision, implementing strategic initiatives which enable better practices for our Delivery Teams to develop features that delight our customers.
You’ll be an experienced Agile advocate, with a strong testing background and a desire to iterate, innovate, and instigate quality-driven approaches and processes. You’ll have a breadth of knowledge in all basic testing techniques, with depth and specialism in one or more advanced areas too! You’ll be an inspiring teacher, coaching and mentoring others to improve their skills and acting as a role model to develop the leaders of tomorrow.
This is the perfect opportunity to be a part of meaningful change to our flagship and newer products and help drive a culture of excellence in everything we do.What we do:
CDL is one of the UK’s leading software development houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport, powering brands such as Swinton and Tesco Bank. The CDL suite of products power all aspects of an insurance provider’s needs, from Digital and Price Comparison integration, through to back office, fulfilment and pricing as well as Data products. Several of CDLs applications are prime to break out of the Insurance sector and provide a route to diversification and expansion globally.
Weve built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We pride ourselves on being part of a collaborative, inspiring working environment, with our employees at the heart of our company.
- Outstanding leadership capability
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills, with a track record of developing and inspiring others to achieve
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- A proactive, positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Proven track record of problem-solving and delivering improvements, seeing them through to completion
- An excellent and comprehensive understanding of the principles of Agile testing
- Experience of working in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment
- A cradle-to-grave approach to ‘baking quality in’ to Software Delivery
- Experience of TDD and BDD techniques
- Well versed in a variety of testing techniques and approaches
- Experience of using automation tools such as Selenium and Soap UI desirable
- Experience of Performance and Security Testing desirable
- Insurance experience desirable
- CDL are currently working on a fully remote basis until we believe it is safe to return to our campus in Stockport. When we return, we plan to adopt a hybrid working model of a minimum of two days per fortnight in the office**
- Access to the Agile Testing Academy, a revolutionary in-house training programme with a unique learn through play style https://www.softwaretestingnews.co.uk/cant-test-wo...
- Top employer for 5th year running
- Flexible hours
- Flexible working - home working options
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Health and Wellbeing programme
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Virtual activities, lunch and learns, coffee mornings and meetups.
- 25 days holiday to start
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects
- Dress down policy
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer bbq, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Car wash, barber, yoga classes, boot camp and massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms